Da Aquamaster and 3000 PSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also prefer the Royal Aqua Masters anyway, so it is definitely not an issue for me.

LOL, you betcha.

BTW, I am not being dismissive of others concerns here, it is just that many of us have been using them at 3,000 psi and rather than seat wear I am more concerned with O ring extrusion and yet even there it has not proven an issue. But, I have bent yokes, I banged one (a single hose) in a cave ceiling and it let loose with a fury of bubbles (steel 72s over filled to 3,000). It was not a hard hit so I imagine the extra load would at least, again, for the short time it is operating at the higher pressure, perhaps, be more prone to damage.

N

My 2 cents. The US Navy first began using the DA Navy Approved on 3000 psi tanks in the mid 1950's. I have Navy manuals that verify this. They switched to the Aqua Master in 1959. Both of these regulators used the first generation short yoke. A "possibly" slightly stronger long yoke appeared in the mid 1960's to allow use of the banjo fitting and spg. The heavy supposedly 3000psi yoke appeared in the early 1970's possibly as a selling point for a new regulator when 3000 psi AL tanks began to enter the market.
It would be logical to believe that if yoke problems had appeared and persisted in the Navy regulators being used at 3000 psi the problem would have been addressed sooner than almost 20 years later.
I have seen nothing in Navy repair procedures to suggest that yoke replacement was a part of routine service.
Naturally at that time new parts were avaible so HP seats were replaced and it was common to just cut the 2nd stage seat holder stem under the ajusting nut to remove it and replace it with a new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom