D80....View Finder ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shanky_p

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to buy a UW housing from Ikelite for my D-80. Since its going to be one of my first...i was wondering how i would be able to frame a subject and click a photo? practically its not possible to format the object with camera to the eye. Please advise if you have used D-80 Ikelite UW Housing? thanks.

There is an eyepiece at the back of the housing. You put your eye to it and look through the viewfinder to frame the subject. One of the drawbacks of the Ike housing is that you have to get your eye (and mask) very close to the housing to see through the viewfinder. Works okay, but it would be nice to have one of the more expensive housings with the fancier viewfinders. A sleek low-volume mask probably makes it easier to get your eye closer to the housing.

I have the D-80 and Ike housing.

David

I have D80 and just last month used my new Ike housing for the first time.

I totally get what you're saying about the viewfinder, although I managed ok. I have a fairly low profile mask, but it still took some mental adjustment to get used to not having my eye right up against the viewfinder. I just got comfortable at holding my head in such a way that I could see the center of the image, the info along the bottom, and the color change when the a/f set. You'll probably do fine with it.

Here are a few pics from Kona.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom