D6i: Switching off the stopwatch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NHG

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a new D6i, and am experiencing a minor glitch that it switches on the stopwatch panel in place of day/date now and again. Presumably I hit the Down button in my sleep or something.

It's no big deal, but what is irritating is that I cannot find how to switch it off. I can find, start, stop, split-time and reset. Everything but how to get back to day/date.

The instructions and net searching do not seem to offer any clues.

Grateful for any tips,

Thanks!

Didn't see that you got an answer to this, although you probably figured it out by now. Anyway, if you just push and hold the bottom right ("up") button until the stopwatch returns to zeros, the release the button and push it once more, you'll get back to the date function. The manual doesn't note this. Took me a while and some help the first three (or ten) times I did it.

Yeah, this IS a goofy issue with Suunto. To activate the stopwatch function while in DIVE or NITROX mode, below on a dive, (and it's real easy to do this on accident), LONG PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. To turn off the stopwatch function COMPLETELY while on a dive, do the same thing, LONG PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. I discovered this early on, in that when you are on the surface (in TIME mode), and want to illuminate the display, LONG PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. When underwater on a dive to illuminate the display, SHORT PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. I kept long pressing and going into "stopwatch". It's in the manual, but hard to identify. Hope this helps :)

Yeah, this IS a goofy issue with Suunto. To activate the stopwatch function while in DIVE or NITROX mode, below on a dive, (and it's real easy to do this on accident), LONG PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. To turn off the stopwatch function COMPLETELY while on a dive, do the same thing, LONG PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. I discovered this early on, in that when you are on the surface (in TIME mode), and want to illuminate the display, LONG PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. When underwater on a dive to illuminate the display, SHORT PRESS HOLD THE MODE BUTTON. I kept long pressing and going into "stopwatch". It's in the manual, but hard to identify. Hope this helps :)

Thanks very much, that (and the previous reply) jointly resolved it.

I appreciate your help.

TTFN!

Back
Top Bottom