D600 Housing/DS125 Strobes - Fires Once

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetLens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Finally got my D600 in the water a couple of weeks ago. Set it up with one strobe and a single cord. Test fired on the boat before getting in and it fired. Would not fire once in the water. Did some basic troubleshooting back on the boat, but could not get it to fire. Wrote it off to a bad sync cord.

At home now, preparing for a trip to Truk. Set up my dual cord and (2) DS125 strobes. Fired once. Will not fire again. Only way that I can get it to fire is to turn off the primary strobe and turn it back on. Fires once and again, won't fire again.

Took the setup from the D600 housing to my D90 housing and everything works as expected. While I am prepared to take my D90 on the trip, I'd really rather shoot the D600.

Any ideas?

Ref this thread as well: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/st...ite-strobe-not-firing-after-first-shot-2.html

Okay... Just got off the phone with Dave Haas and "we" found the problem. I pushed the hotshoe in with as much force as I thought prudent. Felt like it was seated. Upon inspection, however, we determined that the pins could not line up properly unless the shoe was pushed in further. Pushed with force way beyond what should be used with equipment like this and got it to seat all the way. Took it apart and looked for sharp edges that could be hanging things up and did not see anything obvious. Tried pressure on top while installing; wedge pressure to the rear of the hotshoe while installing; twisting pressure - nothing relieves to the point of sliding the hotshoe to full position without undue pressure.

D600 - Not Engaged.jpgD600 - Engaged.jpg

It is together now and it will stay that way until the end of the trip. Likely need to do something about it upon return.

Thanks, Dave.

Okay... Just got off the phone with Dave Haas and "we" found the problem. I pushed the hotshoe in with as much force as I thought prudent. Felt like it was seated. Upon inspection, however, we determined that the pins could not line up properly unless the shoe was pushed in further. Pushed with force way beyond what should be used with equipment like this and got it to seat all the way. Took it apart and looked for sharp edges that could be hanging things up and did not see anything obvious. Tried pressure on top while installing; wedge pressure to the rear of the hotshoe while installing; twisting pressure - nothing relieves to the point of sliding the hotshoe to full position without undue pressure.

View attachment 146699View attachment 146698

It is together now and it will stay that way until the end of the trip. Likely need to do something about it upon return.

Thanks, Dave.

Dave,

Normally after a few uses, the shoe slides into the mount more easily. If this is not the case after your trip, please ship the housing to Ikelite Service for evaluation. Include a copy of this thread or a cover letter with the shipment. Return ship time is approximately 2 weeks.

Ship to:

Ikelite Service Department
50 West 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom