D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no desire for a MK-25, no need for a MK-17, but would consider suffering through purchasing a MK-19/D420 package (maybe)...

I have no desire for a MK-25, no need for a MK-17, but would consider suffering through purchasing a MK-19/D420 package (maybe)...

I'm going to see if I can get just MK19s. Of course I accept price dependent but who's interested and in how many? A new mission, I like missions.

Ah! Two interesting tidbits from that Portuguese ad that confirm two little features we thought might be deliberate (sorry, Google translate):
  • The design of the housing includes the small internal wings that direct the air flow through the vacated valve, resulting in a drastic improvement of the exhalation spout.
20200109_094734.jpg

• The membrane fits into the lower section of the casing to provide for the gradient of pressure when it is in an upright position, which facilitates further breathing.
And here we see confirmation that the discontinuation of the coaxial diaphragm/exhaust valve was deliberate. Thus, case geometry is used to decrease inhalation effort in the usual positions, at the price of slightly increased effort lying on your back.

Scubapro may be maddening, but they have good engineering and manufacture...

On to the MK 19 question, I use old style mk17’s because I like the ridged host routing and a 19 would never have been on the radar but the combo of these two...maybe.

I use port swivels on my MK-17 sets. Not sure if a turret is any improvement.....

As to a package, throw the R195 in the crap bin.... sheesh, everything is a compromise....

Can anyone tell if the MK19 has a fifth port?

I use port swivels on my MK-17 sets. Not sure if a turret is any improvement.....

As to a package, throw the R195 in the crap bin.... sheesh, everything is a compromise....
If they reduced the retail price of the 195 and then take the vat out the combo falls almost to reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom