D3 Underwater test video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the video.
I am jealous of the you having the D3.
I assume that you shoot raw?

Thank you for the video.
I am jealous of the you having the D3.
I assume that you shoot raw?

we're both jealous of him having that setup. i just found the video while browsing you tube. :D

Great stuff - thank you for the info... I shoot a lot of pro football (D2Hs) and have recently gotten into underwater shooting... I currently use a D200 for underwater - but I am seriously looking at the D3 for sports - and maybe underwater as well. I use Ikelite housings - may have to sell something for the upgrade. In your experiences, what is the best underwater housings for the D3?

I think the D3 for UW shooting is overkill. Some of the major improvements are in the autofocus, frame speed, and ISO noise. You can get the main advantages for UW shooting in the D300, and that will be in a smaller package with less expensive housings.

For sports however, I'd say the D3 is what you need. That is where the performance of a pro class camera is going to pay off.

In your experiences, what is the best underwater housings for the D3?
Talk to Backscatter. The owner has been using a D2 underwater and was drooling when the D3 came out. He's already posted test dives with the D300 and may have some D3 stuff on the website as well, but can certainly lead you in the right direction.

Just dreaming...

Subal, and Sea&Sea both make housings for the D3. The Subal is $6100, and the Sea&Sea is $4600. Aquatica also makes a housing for the D3 at $3800, the least expensive option I've seen. For the D300 the Subal is $4350, and $2900 for the Sea&Sea.

So the difference in price to put a D3 UW vs. a D300 is around 2K in Subal, and Sea&Sea. Ikelike makes a housing for the D300l, and that is $1365. Ike does not make a housing for the D3, and likely will not.

Seacam is one of the finest housing manufactures in the world (Think Stephen Frink!). They tend to make high end camera housings, so I'd expect to see one from them. I'd also expect it to be in the 7K + area.

I wish i had that D3, i just have to live with my Nikon D200 + Ikelite flash and housing.

Does anyone know what flash arms he is using ? The ones for my Ikelite DS-125 are to short sometimes, so i want some better ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom