D rings for 1" shoulder webbing on Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've put these all over the place on mine and they are working quite well:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01IP2Z4BE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 'D' shape seems to keep them nicely aligned in most cases. I use them as rings rather than 'biners (generally not opening and closing the screw mechanism other than to install) but the few times I have had to manipulate them they seem to be staying usable and not seizing up or corroding.

That’s a lot easier to install but not great cosmetically!

I installed two of those. Makes clipping a pleasure. No ring cutting required. Now installed on at least a dozen Hydros BCs!
Where do you get these round rings, I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks, another question.

The link shows just the ring, what is the flat part behind it that keeps it on the webbing?

I incorrectly assumed they were connected but now that I look more closely it's separate.

John

You have to unclip the strap and remove the existing ring. It’s a bit of work but worth it.

Thanks again, yet another question.

If I wanted to add another somewhere where would I get the back part, my best research has only revealed a 2" t slider, Google can't find a 1".

Is it called something else?

John

Check Piranha Dive Manufacturing online. It’s a 1” slider.

Found them, ordering parts to do mine and my buddies hydros.

Thanks for the help.

Little worried about pushing the pins out, definitely only going to push them out far enough to slide the webbing out.

It's just a friction retained right?

Found them, ordering parts to do mine and my buddies hydros.

Thanks for the help.

Little worried about pushing the pins out, definitely only going to push them out far enough to slide the webbing out.

It's just a friction retained right?

Yup.

Where do you get these round rings, I can't seem to find them anywhere.
I bought 316 marine grade rings on Amazon. I opted for the ‘thinner’ rings made with 6mm steel because there is not much slack in the webbing and I was worried that the chunkier 8mm rings might cause an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom