Cylinders for cascade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitelightnin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a few questions for you guys & gals. I am more interested in the varied responces & ideas than anything else.

Thanks

James

Where do you get your cylinders when you build a cascade?
What pressure cylinders do you use?
How many cylinders per bank?
How many banks?

Whitelightnin once bubbled...
I have a few questions for you guys & gals. I am more interested in the varied responces & ideas than anything else.

Thanks

James

Where do you get your cylinders when you build a cascade?
What pressure cylinders do you use?
How many cylinders per bank?
How many banks?

Ray Murray, distributor for Sherwood/genesis out here in NE.

They have 4500, and 6000 psi storage bottles. ALot of people use old T bottles from gas companies with service pressure of 2400+ or 3500 psi.

How many cylinders you want to use is up to you. Depends how often do you want to run the compressor, and how many tanks are you planning on filling per day. the needs of a dive shop that fills 100-200 tanks a day is different from someone filling only 10 tanks per day...

We have two banks, a low bank with 12 bottles (2400 psi) and a high bank with 6 (3500 psi) bottles. We are a good sized shop in the Boston area. During the summer, we fill about a 100 tanks per weekend, counting air, nitrox, and trimix fills.

For most of my compressor sales. The quantity of them depends on the customers needs. 4 bottles will fill approx 10 tanks (80 cu ft) to 3000 PSI before the storage system is down to low. More than that if you are running your compressor. You would need to size your compressor and storage system so that you have enough for your busy times. If budget allows I like to have a larger compressor and more storage than you think you will need just to be safe and allow room to grow. It is easier and cheaper to add more storage bottles later than it is to upgrade your compressor system. Curly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom