Cyklon X, really?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to bump an older thread and if I haven't come across this answer please blame my SB searching skills (none).

Given that Cyklon seconds are downstream to begin with and thus come with their own OPV feature, I have been toying with the idea of using my Xstream MXnot3 firsts to create Cyklon Xs with older Cyklon seconds, as bigbella shows above.

I recall seeing somewhere that cranking up the IP on the Xstream firsts (perhaps the older MK1) could compress the seat spring past the plastic strain level and thus permanently damage them.

Can anyone (perhaps @Bigbella or @rsingler) confirm this?

Mahalo!

I might have to get me one of those being I’m half “Sveede”.
They do look cool, and we can get parts easily right?
Parts are readily available, like no time in the past, even to the DIYer -- and the damn things are bulletproof . . .

I might have to get me one of those being I’m half “Sveede”.
They do look cool, and we can get parts easily right?
Poseidon was the first of the "mainstream" or "old" manufacturers to offer a self-service course to any diver. They were behind HOG and Deep6, but it's still huge to have that. DGX has supply of the parts but any dealer can sell them.

Poseidon was the first of the "mainstream" or "old" manufacturers to offer a self-service course to any diver. They were behind HOG and Deep6, but it's still huge to have that. DGX has supply of the parts but any dealer can sell them.
While I applaud that more enlightened policy in the US and EU, sadly in Australia Poseidon is still firmly locked into the 'must be affiliated with a dive shop' model.
Because servicing any Life Support System yourself will surely cause certain death, or infertlity and incontinence should you somehow survive :rolleyes:

While I applaud that more enlightened policy in the US and EU, sadly in Australia Poseidon is still firmly locked into the 'must be affiliated with a dive shop' model.
Because servicing any Life Support System yourself will surely cause certain death, or infertlity and incontinence should you somehow survive :rolleyes:
Yeah, don't take this the wrong way -- they're treating you like a penal colony . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom