Cycling a new battery for LED LUX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sogig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am now cycling my new battery for the LED LUX canister light...

I found that the burn time is super short, also charged up fully the battery very fast (less than one hour)... is it normal?

Does anyone know what is the normal time to fully charge the battery?

Many thanks

LL

To avoid the descent into geekness - yes I had a similar experience - very short initial burn times and fairly short re-charge times.

After a few cycles it picks up to a near normal burn time and charge times.

Keep the light head immersed in water to keep it cool during the run and let the battery cool completely before you start recharging it.

When I did mine:

1st cycle - 1 hour burn
2nd cycle - 2 hour burn
3rd cycle - 3 hour burn
4th cycle - 4 hour burn
5th cycle - 5 hour burn
6th cycle - 6 hour burn

Sense a trend here? I was totally shocked the first few cycles, but it works great. Good luck.

I cycled my over a weekend, when discharging it put the light in a kitchen sink with water. I try to cycle mine once a week.

I am still charging and discharging everyday... so far I cycled the battery for more than 10 times already

Burn time is still about 1 hour only... I am worry I really need to get new battery

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom