Customs in Freeport Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I will be flying into Freeport in Sept. from Atlanta to catch a live aboard cruise. I will be arriving about 11:30am and the boat will be leaving at 3:00pm. May I ask, to those who have been there, How much of a hastle will it be to get through customs once I land? Is there anything I can do to prepare to help expedite myself through? Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Customs in Freeport is fine. Just make sure to have all paperwork and ID out and filled out correctly and you should breeze through. Also helps to be very polite.

And then outside they'll point you to the shuttle that will get you to your destination the quickest.

Customs in Freeport is fine. Just make sure to have all paperwork and ID out and filled out correctly and you should breeze through. Also helps to be very polite.

Also, be sure you know the marina where the ship is docked. I was there in March, and this was the one piece of info I didn't have in my hand. But even with that, there wasn't any problem going through customs. Coming back is a different story. Be prepared to wait. It's not long, but it did take longer.

Thank you very much for the replys. It makes me feel good to know that, if I have my ducks in a row, that it should go smoothly. Politeness is not an issue with me (maybe a little shyness:blinking: ,but I'm rarely rude without just cause, especially when I'm a guest in someone else's country). I do have dirctions to the marina. I'm so excited about this trip, I can hardly stand it. "Are we there yet.....?":eyebrow:

Who are you diving with?

We've been to Freeport several times.
We've never had a problem getting through customs.
It's always been quick and painless. :wink:

Have a great trip!!

Freeport customs is a breeze. Much faster than say US Customs. You will have no problem catching your boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom