Customized dive & safari vacation in Southern Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Before starting to plan a two-week vacation in South Africa, I knew I wanted to do the following:

dive Aliwal Shoal
dive Protea Banks
possibly dive Sodwana Bay
Swim with dolphins in Ponta do Ouro, Mozambique
Spend the last days on safari in Hluhluwe-Umfolozi

...with a special emphasis on sharks and big game.

After searching in Google with keywords such as "dive XYZ", "best season for diving XYZ", "shark diving XYZ", "kwazulu-natal shark diving game watching packages", I was obviously overwhelmed with the available choice. Thank goodness at some point I stumbled on Oceans Africa Diving and Whale Watching | Dive South Africa - diving and whale watching tours in South Africa with Oceans Africa ... With his expert local knowledge and in-depth experience working in the diving industry, Graeme Grant quickly put together a draft itinerary for me. After some fine-tuning and before I even knew it, I was sitting in a brand new Toyota Corolla rental car at Durban's King Shaka Airport, ready to explore KwaZulu-Natal!

And what a trip this was!!! I spent two nights in Umkomaas (Aliwal Shoal), four in Margate (Protea Banks), two nights in the St. Lucia Wetlands, three in Mozambique, and the last three nights in Hluhluwe, almost only self-driving between these locations. All for the same price as if I had booked the various places myself, except without the hassle... Moreover, at every single step of the trip Graeme stayed in contact with me, making sure all was fine! In case you're interested in my pictures of this fantastic trip, you'll find them here: https://picasaweb.google.com/daniel...&authkey=Gv1sRgCJjcwLHx-Oz1Cw&feat=directlink

In the near future I plan to return to spectacular South Africa for the Sardine Run and possibly Namibia's desert elephants! There's no question I shall then book again with Oceans Africa Diving and Whale Watching | Dive South Africa - diving and whale watching tours in South Africa with Oceans Africa ... I wish you all happy vacationing in Southern Africa!

Back
Top Bottom