Customer ( lack of ? )Service from DUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,
Following the "demise" of the Latex Neck Seal on my TL 350, I contacted DUI Customer service repeatedly without receiving even one reply.
I live in Sénégal (West Africa) and bought the suit in Italy from Portofino Divers while taking a Fundies Class. I contacted Bts the European agent also...still didn't get a reply.Finally Bruno Borelli kindly got in touch with them...and they say that they can't sell the items outside Europe (plus they don't have many of them in stock.. ).
I'm a bit puzzled by the lack of reaction of DUI. Any ideas to solve this matter ?

It is inevitable that others will chime in telling you to buy local etc....go with it.

Have you contacted DUI directly and asked who the closest rep to you would be? This is the closest I could come up with which I know is NOT close at all but I am sure they would be able to tell you of anybody that is in your area.

Dealer
Komati Springs Diving
IANTD SA
, Baadplaas, 1190
+27(0)826502279​

Thanks for the contact in South-Africa Steve.
Yes I contacted DUI as well a the European main Dealer Bts. Since I bought the TLS in Italy...from a DUI dealer (Portofino Divers) who's already trying to get in touch with DUI headquarters...

Going back to the place you bought it from in the first place was the right thing to do IMO. Now that you know they cannot help you, I would try to get hold of DUI Head office to ask for yourself. Not that the other guys are not trustworthy (they may or may not be) but if you contact them and ask your question, then you get the answer and there are fewer delays and loses to misinterpretation. Just an idea and assuming you are simply looking for somebody local to provide the alteration to your suit.

I would also see if there are any local SCUBA boards similar to SB (but more local). There is a DUI guy about 1.5 hours from me but I never would have known about him were it not for another local diving forum that he belongs to (as do many of his customers). Just another idea. Hopefully you are able to find someone to get you what you need.

Hi Guys,
It seems that it was a Holiday in the US...DUI guy are now doing their best to help us.So in all fairness I have to acknowledge that .
Thanks all for your help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom