Custom Yulex Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GMBarnes

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife is Very allergic to any neoprene. We finally found Yulex. But need a custom suit made (size 10) or a shop that sells 6-7mm Yulex. We live in Los Angeles (Thousand Oaks,CA). Any online vendors or dive shop recommendations would be appreciated.
Greg

Thanks for suggesting Greenprene. She was also allergic to it.

Thanks for suggesting Greenprene. She was also allergic to it.
I’m not much help w Yulex unfortunately. I do add that I’ve put the neoprene-allergic friends I’ve had into trilam drysuits. Depending on what a custom Yulex costs, a seaskin might not be that much more expensive and last longer.

There aren't many custom wetsuit makers still around. Have you contacted JBM Wetsuits to see if they can get the Yelux material? They are in Torrance (California). It is a bit of a drive from Thousand Oaks but worth it for a good fitting suit in a compatible material.

Failing that, maybe customer service at Yelux can help?

Fast forward to now in 2023....…... Patagonia offers (hood-attached) R5 suits now which are 6.5/4.5mm and Scubapro now offers their (hoodless) Everflex Yulex 7/5mm suit.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom