Custom prescription lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking for a company that makes custom prescription lenses.

I don't want the kind you glue to the stock lenses ... I want the kind that replace them.

I want to provide my own masks (one for me and one for Cheng) and prescriptions. Mine are bifocals, hers are trifocals.

And I want a company that knows how to adapt the prescription for underwater lenses.

Have any of you ordered your own (independent of having a dive shop do it for you)? Who did you use? And how did you like the result?

I've done some Internet research, and have found three companies that fit the criteria ... I'd like to hear from anyone who has first-hand experience with getting prescription masks made for them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My only experience was that my lds ordered lenses w/my script for my mares x-vision mask but when they installed them they ended up breaking the mask frame and giving me a new mask (sans prescription lenses) I've had Lenny Maggiore (prescription dive masks) in queens do 3 masks for me w/no problem but they are only bonded lenses.
My gripes are cleaning is harder w/ bonded and I feel there is an area at the edges of the lenses that is slightly blurry. If you did your research then you will see that there are a few companies that you can order different diopters with their masks but if you have astigmatism or if their mask does not meet your needs or fit your face then your outa luck. My problem is in the fit and also I need a + diopter which only one company offers. Let me know if you find anything I'd love to know!:D

Yup......mine came from the folks in San Diego too....

Another vote for them.

I also used scuba optics and have the bonded lenses. No problems after four years and they are better than my glasses above or below!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom