Custom Prescription Dive Mask Lenses without Bonding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlkline

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing a Mares X-Vision mask, would like information on any optical companies that can replace the flat, factory glass lenses with my custom (bifocal)prescription. I'd prefer to take full advantage of the large viewing field without distortion of the adhesive where the lenses are bonded to the existing glass.

Another option is to buy the Mares corrective lenses close to my myopic prescription, and just add the reading precription (bonded ) in the bottom if possible.

I'm also interested to know everyone's experiences with the "off the shelf" corrective lenses in terms of quality, durability, and leak problems if any.

Thanks in advance for your help.

For the Mares prescription lenses...

The negative diopters are ground lenses. The prescription part of the lense doesn't quite fill the entire lense area but once installed you can't tell the difference.

The positive diopters have prescription lenses, bifocal in appearance, bonded to the bottom of the lense.

I installed Mares negative lenses in my X-Vision and have been pleased with the results despite the freaky Coke bottle appearance.

The Mares Liquid Skin is also a good option for visability. Typhoon, SEAC and Reefware also have high volume masks.

Back
Top Bottom