custom o-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, that is the correct size and item for the balanced poppet (Scuba Pro S-wing poppet) You might want to check to see if buying 101 is cheaper, some of these places have odd pricing increments.

Henrik, I know you are aware of this, but just for the sake of others who read this post,

at: http://www.oringsusa.com/catalog/adv...47868a&x=0&y=0

if you order 70 -003 Viton o-rings, it will cost only $7.00 (10 cents each) if you order 69 it cost $17.25

C

Yes, that is the correct size and item for the balanced poppet (Scuba Pro S-wing poppet) You might want to check to see if buying 101 is cheaper, some of these places have odd pricing increments.

I'll double check the prices when I get a sense of how many to buy. However, the rep I spoke to was very helpful and went through the different price-drop increments with me on the phone. So I think we're close on the pricing.

Henrik

That is odd. I have never seen viton cheaper than EPDM. But viton will work just fine. I'm in for $5 to $10 worth at $0.32 (or less) per.

Same here, please put me down for $10 + shipping.

thanks,

Couv

I'm in for $5 to $10 worth at $0.32 (or less) per.

Same here, please put me down for $10 + shipping.

OK, I've got both of you down for some of the 40-87 o-rings.

Item # 40-87, All O-Rings (Actual Dimensions) on Precision Associates, Inc.

None of you are interested in the 902? Do you think the one I linked to is the correct size? If so I'll buy some for myself to get us up to the $40 minimum.

Should l hold off on ordering until Monday to give a few more people a chance to get in on the deal ... unless you think we're it :)

Let me know.

Henrik

OK, I've got both of you down for some of the 40-87 o-rings.

Item # 40-87, All O-Rings (Actual Dimensions) on Precision Associates, Inc.

None of you are interested in the 902? Do you think the one I linked to is the correct size? If so I'll buy some for myself to get us up to the $40 minimum.

Should l hold off on ordering until Monday to give a few more people a chance to get in on the deal ... unless you think we're it :)

Let me know.

Henrik

I already have a stock of the 3-902 o-rings. They are perfect when you run into the orifice that is a little too tight with a 2-010. I believe the older SP 2nds that call for a SP #293 are best replaced with the 3-902 but a 2-010 will often work OK. I think these are most of the metal orifice models. You do have to watch this because the G250V calls for the SP #132 which appears to be a 2-010. And the plastic orifice seems to call for the SP #132 which is the 2-010.

I don't need any -902 presently. In fact I have enough poppet o-rings to last me a while, so if you want to hold up on the order until you have a minimum that is fine with me.

I would bet LuisH and Mattboy would be interested in some poppet o-rings and possibly the -902. You might want to give them a shout.

See what happens when you try to do something nice?

....got to go polish the chrome on my 109....

Later,

c

I already have a stock of the 3-902 o-rings. They are perfect when you run into the orifice that is a little too tight with a 2-010.

Thanks for detailing the differences - that'll be going into my notes.

About the o-ring sizing; I've been trying to read, but am still unsure.

AFAIU the AS568 lists standard sizes for o-rings, and most of the industry uses the 1- (one dash) prefix for these standard sizes.

Then there are the Parker o-rings that according to the Parker catalog also conforms to the AS568 sizing standard, but they use 2- for some o-ring sizes and the 3- for others, all while the specifications for these 2- and 3- o-rings are identical to the ones I could find for the 1- sizes.

So can you clarify what the differences are? Or was the Precision rep correct that it's just a choice from Parker to use a different prefix, but that there other than that are no differences?

I don't need any -902 presently. In fact I have enough poppet o-rings to last me a while, so if you want to hold up on the order until you have a minimum that is fine with me.

I would bet LuisH and Mattboy would be interested in some poppet o-rings and possibly the -902. You might want to give them a shout.

See what happens when you try to do something nice?

....got to go polish the chrome on my 109....

Later,

c

I shot Luis and Mattboy a PM to let them know. I know, no good deed ...

I have yet to get the new-to-me R109s (now R156s) wet. Next season - maybe as the backup for the Phoenix I have waiting in a box :D

As for the $40 minimum purchase, I am still building my stock of o-rings, so as long as their pricing for standard sizes are comparable, I can probably make up the difference.

Henrik

I bought my first batch of o-rings from Parker Bros. and they sent me their catalog and I got used to using their reference system. Plus Harlow referred to scuba o-rings as "dash-2)". I guess the "x-" is unnecessary. Most others seem to use "AS 568-xxx" for sizing of std SAE o-rings. I guess the 3-digit dash number is all you need for standard o-rings. But Parker also has molds for "non-standard" o-rings which they refer to as "5-xxx".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom