custom o-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Order finally arrived - shipping dept. had gotten the zip code wrong ... But it's here and I'll get the o-rings divvied out and figure out a total. Realistically they won't go out until Monday - too many Honey-dos this weekend :)

So shoot me your snail mail address so I can get it all together - Couv, I have yours.

Henrik

I never thought I would be back on this forum. I was initially looking for o-rings to rebuild a sp pliort reg. As I posted previous I found alittle out of the way place in Salem, CT that I was told haD THE LARGEST INVENTORY of any shop in Ct. The pilot uses 11 o-rings ,of which they pulled ten right out of stock. Now, it gets tricky. I was told the one that I needed, that they didn't have was a .001 1/2. That o-ring goes on sp pt# 11-128-132. That part has a diameter of .130, but it is not a sphere. Take that diameter and cut it in half, and on the flat side machine a nipple with a diameter of .040. that's where the oring goes.

So as far as I knew, they were ordering the orings and that was that.
When the orings came in,a week latter, they were the wrong size.
I wasn't mad as I realize things happen.
But then things got funny. I was told that that size was hard to get, and I would have to wait.
No problem, I'm in no hurry.
Time goes on, still no orings.
Now remember, I was told the size I needed was .001 1/2. That's all I knew.

Finally I went on line and contacted about six companies asking for help.

Of the six, the only one to contact me back was, Jason Young, from Manufacturers' Rubber & Supply, from Brentwood NH.

Now let's be honest, this is not a big sale here. But you would never know that by the service I recieved. He could not do enough for me.

First, he sent me out five samples for my inspection, at 001 1/2.

When I recieved them, once again they were the wrong size. So I contacted Jason back and asked if I could send him my for oring for comparrison. No problem. Once again there is alot of effort going on for a few orings.

Upon recieving my sample he contacted me back to inform me my oring was actually a .002.
Now this I have to take responsibility for. I automatically thought that the natural progression of things was that a .002 was bigger than a .001 1/2. I hope I am saying this right.

He next sent me more samples, and at this point I was confident I now had the right size.

I guess the point I am trying to make is, Jason went above and beyond, to help me with a problem that more than likely produced a twenty dollar sale.

I have nothing to gain here, but I would ask the members of scubaboard that, if in the future you are looking for orings, that they would please give Manufacturers' Rubber & supply a chanch to help you.

Happy holidays

Thanks for the update. Always great to hear success stories when searching for hard to find items.

Now if I could just find someone who didn't throw out their old computer interface for the orca delphi..... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom