Custom Instant-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jscheier

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get a custom made instant dry wet suit? I am buying a custom suit and figured if they make then in instant dry, it would be a good extra feature.

Thanks

J

That's why they call it a wetsuit. It stays wet for a long time.

I'm not sure if your post was meant as a joke, but didn't Henderson make instant dry wet suits?

If you are referring to the Henderson Instadry wetsuit, they discontinued it and is no longer available. I also believe that when it was available, custom was not an option.

Thanks. I was wondering if any of the custom suit makers make an instant dry. Good option to have if available.

J

The Henderson Instadry wetsuit was the worst suit I have ever owned....

Instadry was a Love/Hate relationship thus Discontinued! You had people that swore by it and others like yourself who cursed at it! It was tighter fitting but super warm! Most people couldn't stand the tight fit and that it was a little more difficult to get on.

There is no such thing as an "Instant Dry" wetsuit or instant dry feature. If you are looking for the same type of outer material as the Henderson Instadry was made of you might want to check out triathalon suits. However I haven't heard of anyone using triathalon suits to dive in. I think they are close to how the Instadry was on the outside. All suits take time to dry, some just dry faster than others depending on the material it is made of. I consider my suit to dry fairly fast and that takes around 2-3 hrs not in direct sun but in a shaded area. The majority of the suit is dry except for the cuffs where the water drips from. If you are looking to get a custom made suit, look for a suit made from Rubatex. Here is a site that sells custom suits made from Rubatex: Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities. A couple people on here have mentioned these are very well made suits.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your post was meant as a joke, but didn't Henderson make instant dry wet suits?

Nope, but instant dry wetsuits is a joke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom