Custom DRY suit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a full custom Bare Trilam from divetank.com a couple months ago. It's a true custom, with every panel made to measure. It fits perfectly and only added $100 (maybe $150) to the cost of the suit, which was around $1000 less than a comparable DUI full custom suit. It also added an extra three weeks to the delivery time though.

Bare had a page on their website with over 20 measurements they needed for a full custom suit, complete with diagrams and descriptions. The page was buried on Bare's website and now it appears to be gone completely (their website is atrocious), but maybe Richard at divetank can e-mail you a copy. I printed everything out and took it to a tailor who took the measurements. It cost me $20 including tip, which I felt was absolutely inconsequential considering the cost of the suit and the importance of the getting the measurements right.

Divetank also offers shortening of arms and legs of stock sizes. This is actually done at the Bare factory, which is located very close to the shop, so this only adds a couple of days to a stock order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom