Custom Charter Business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islanderkd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am considering running a custom dive charter in Destin. Overnight trips welcomed. Dive sites will be anywhere between Pensacola and Panama City. Weather and seas permitting of course. That is large area to cover so pricing would depend on fuel cost etc. Customers pick the sites they want to dive. This means, not the same near shore dive sites the other boats go to all the time. 4 divers on the trip. Boat is Scout 425 with quad Mercury. We can get there fast. Overnight trips, boat would supply meals etc. We can either grill on board or dock up at restaurants for meal and night drinks. Excellent trip for couples who want a "get away" weekend. I have been in Key West for the last year running a liveaboard dive charter boat to the Dry Tortugas. Moved back to Santa Rosa beach. Any thought, comments, or ideas about this new business? Think I should do it? Think i'm crazy? lol

... Boat is Scout 425 with quad Mercury.
That is a Beautiful, Fast, & Unsinkable boat. Wishing you the best of luck and re-post contact details here if you start the Dive Charter business so others can contact you.

liveaboard dive charter boat to the Dry Tortugas
Running for Joe?

NO I own 40% of Adventure Watersport Charters. I am going to sell my shares of AWC in Key West and likely open the similar in Florida panhandle etc.
That started out awesome, then something happened to the owner/captain. I hope that things are better than in about 2019. I used to refer a lot of folks, but a story (with friends of mine on the boat) with guns, grouper troopers, and illegal fish made me pull back.

That started out awesome, then something happened to the owner/captain. I hope that things are better than in about 2019. I used to refer a lot of folks, but a story (with friends of mine on the boat) with guns, grouper troopers, and illegal fish made me pull back.
Yes I heard alot of them stories AFTER i partnered with new owner. AWC is a fair charter, I just had enough with my partner, plus NW Florida is home for me.

Partners in dive boats sometimes.... don't go well. Mine cost me hundreds of thousands to get out of. Or maybe a better way is to say after losing a few hundred thousand, I was able to extricate myself from what should have been a 50/50.

If you'll carry tech divers, there are some awesome wrecks that way. I wasn't the last dive boat on the Ozark, but I've been there a number of times. I have people ask me all the time for a fast charter boat to there. If you do get started, let me know and I will tell friends.

Partners in dive boats sometimes.... don't go well. Mine cost me hundreds of thousands to get out of. Or maybe a better way is to say after losing a few hundred thousand, I was able to extricate myself from what should have been a 50/50.

If you'll carry tech divers, there are some awesome wrecks that way. I wasn't the last dive boat on the Ozark, but I've been there a number of times. I have people ask me all the time for a fast charter boat to there. If you do get started, let me know and I will tell friends.
Thanks Brother Will keep posted if this becomes a GO.

Think I should do it? Think i'm crazy? lol
Yes, and yes.
Anybody getting into dive charters is an idiot. I didn't realize this until I did it.

But yes, I am interested.
Would love to spend a few days on the Ozark.

Does your insurance limit running speed with passengers?
When I repowered to able to run fast, they limited my top speed with guests on board. You can't win.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom