cussing in PM's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
How come I can't say 4-letter words in a PM? Its a PRIVATE message, so I feel I should say whatever I want without being censored. I typed a 4 letter word in a PM and it came up at ****......what's up with that?

****!!!!!
****!!!!!!!!!
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every area of our board uses the same filitering and censoring system and thus PM's are effected as well.

big question is, who are you cussing at wendy??? :wink:

oh, and mike, that's MY avatar! :D

mempilot:
That's ******* stupid.

It's the nature of the software -- everything gets cleaned (and I don't just mean for word content), otherwise people would be able to do all sorts of nasty things like make popups appear on our pages or steal your cookies!

canuckdiver:
big question is, who are you cussing at wendy??? :wink:

oh, and mike, that's MY avatar! :D

Hey man, you stole it from me.......lol. Don't even remember where I found this little guy but it took me forever to get it the right size and file type before Tech Admin could work with it.

Wendy:
How come I can't say 4-letter words in a PM? Its a PRIVATE message, so I feel I should say whatever I want without being censored. I typed a 4 letter word in a PM and it came up at ****......what's up with that?
Great suffering succotash, Wendy, tell me that you wouldn't be complaining if someone sent you a PM calling you an **** **** or a **** ****? It's a private message, which only means that it's not posted on the board for all to read. The filtering is a function of the board software, which is to say that so long as you're playing with somebody else's toys you should expect that there will be some rules. Simply put, your right to unfettered speech ends when you borrow someone else's soapbox. Besides, do you really think your "private" messages are truly private? :11:

Wendy:
I thought you were just being nice.
You can always mispell the word and side step the "philter" :eyebrow:
Me I never cuss. I'm a good boy. :wink:
Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom