Curses!! Foiled Again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thevalkyry

Queen of the Turtles
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another Flower Gardens run cancelled due to high seas and winds. What is up with the weather this spring??? I think they have cancelled like 7 weekends in a row. I'm not blaming the operators - I have no desire to be out on a boat in bad weather. But I think St Benedict must be running the weather because it is on crack!! And the real killer is that there have been some nice days - in the middle of the week. Oh! The irony!

Everyone - let's to a fair weather dance for the Gulf!!!

[/rant]

Another Flower Gardens run cancelled due to high seas and winds. What is up with the weather this spring??? I think they have cancelled like 7 weekends in a row. I'm not blaming the operators - I have no desire to be out on a boat in bad weather. But I think St Benedict must be running the weather because it is on crack!! And the real killer is that there have been some nice days - in the middle of the week. Oh! The irony!

Everyone - let's to a fair weather dance for the Gulf!!!

[/rant]

I know this is probably not a concilation. :rofl3: But all the weekends in Central Texas Diving the past 2 months have been awesome weather and visibility for me. :rofl3: Lakes and Springs. I am heading to Lake Travis in the next 40 minutes. :D As soon as I leave work that is. The Lake may be a little low but doing just fine for divers. Easy to find riverbed in recreational dive limits. And lots of other attractions underwater.

just trying to cheer up your ocean blues. :D

As for diving the FG, I have just one word...

July.

I know this is probably not a concilation. :rofl3: But all the weekends in Central Texas Diving the past 2 months have been awesome weather and visibility for me. :rofl3: Lakes and Springs. I am heading to Lake Travis in the next 40 minutes. :D As soon as I leave work that is. The Lake may be a little low but doing just fine for divers. Easy to find riverbed in recreational dive limits. And lots of other attractions underwater.

just trying to cheer up your ocean blues. :D

It may not be the Flower Gardens, but you can get a reliable boat dive and hang out with the Swampers....just a thought.. :crafty:

Not to worry Robert, I have plans to come dive off the Giant Stride :) I just have to wait until I can cadge a couch in Austin to surf on. My usual hostess is in a couple of choirs and its concert season. I expect I will be down in June. :)

I look forward to having you out for a dive. Check out the June schedule as I am planning a week of diving in the blue waters later in the month.

It may not be the Flower Gardens, but you can get a reliable boat dive and hang out with the Swampers....just a thought.. :crafty:

Robert,

Awesome day of diving. Thanks for the great dive boat charter service you provide us.

I can never get enough of the wall diving, and penetrating the triple decker houseboat today was just way too cool.

I hope everyone knows how much you are doing to support Lake Travis Diving during this drought season.

Divers can get to area's underwater longer, that would be limited by deep dives if the Lake level was back up.

You showed me some more wrecked cars today that I had not seen before.

Water temperature is just right for my 3 mil wetsuit and 45 minute dive times. I could not ask for more.

Saw some big perch and catfish today, what an incredible time.

Thanks for adding the sherpa service to Windy Point. (about time) for a gear intensive sport. I enjoyed the trailer ride to and from, much better than steps.

Will be seeing you soon.

I look forward to having you out for a dive. Check out the June schedule as I am planning a week of diving in the blue waters later in the month.

I hope not too late in the month: you'd miss the Fling!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom