Currituck Sound Wrecks and Divespots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gemiller

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be on vacation in OBX in Corolla/Corova with friends/family the first week of August. Probably going to drag my gear with me and look for some solo stuff (probably will have surface support via kayak if i can find anything in the sound). I found a few links such as Steamer has sat in Currituck Sound since fateful day in 1912 | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com that talk about the wrecks and whatnot, but can't actually find any locations. I know there's tons of good diving down here otherwise (I was born and raised Camp Lejeune) but with the only people in our grounp that dive being my wife and myself (and we'll have the kid with) I don't know that I can get away to drive down south and hop on a boat). I'm a PA diver so low visibility is my standard (I get excited for 5'+ anymore) so I can cope with the conditions in the sound if there's something worth seeing.

Only other possibility maybe is if a local diver would want to meet me for a one or two tank morning near Nags Head to do one of the beach dives, I would love to do that as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom