Current weather in Belize (8/11) - can we dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calhockey

Reaction score
We are supposed to leave tonight for a week-ling trip of diving in Belize. I see that the weather report calls for thunderstorms and rain for the entire next week. Those of you in belize, what have the conditions been recently on Ambergris Caye? What do you forecast for next week? I know nobody can tell the future, but what is you logical guess? Do you think that we'll be able to dive in this weather and is that diving going to be good?

Please help!!!!

Thank you.

Don't know if it helps and I'm not from Belize, but we got back about 2 weeks ago and had the same concerns before we went. It looked like it was going to rain every day based on the forecast, but it turned out very nice once we got there. 2 10 minute showers late in the evening over 7 days, and mostly perfect conditions except for the first day when the sea was rough and dive boats didn't go out. I'm not sure if its true but it seems the weather forecast pertains more to the mainland Belize then the Ambergris Caye.

Konstantin

Couldn't be calmer. Wonderful diving/snorkelling/swimming conditions.

It may actually rain on the mainland but not out on the cays

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom