Curacao Recommendations - What not to miss?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunshine's Sol Food, Andreas, Watamula and Playa Kalki (alias Alice in W'land) are located in the village Westpunt on the western end of the Island. From Habitat to Westpunt is about 20 minutes by car.
One car pile lies in front of the home base of the Dive Bus, on the eastside of town, about 40 minutes by car from Habitat. This is a deep dive.
There is another car pile at Vaersenbaai, which is also a deep dive.

Fisheye I checked out your photos! Great photos - I especially love the goat with the cactus stuck to his face!

Your Roughhead Blenny should be in a magazine!

Thanks.

We saw goats all over the place. When we went to the market on the way to Habitat from the airport there was a small herd of goats on the corner where you turn. They were in a mass orgy. I was laughing so hard that the camera shook, and the shots came out blurry. For the rest of the trip we called it humping goat corner.

Here is a link to a map of the island. My suggestion would be to buy the dive and drive map at the rental counter for $6. But often it is less complicated to ask for directions. There are not a lot of street signs and some are hard to find/read. It's easier to say "take a right at KFC". The island is approx. 37 miles long as the crow flies; Banda Bou about 26 miles from Westpunt to the rotary. Not counting local drivers and OMG, I've become one... it takes about a half hour to get to the rotary and sometimes almost an hour to get to the sea aquarium from Westpunt depending on traffic once you hit the city. Divers staying at the west end might venture to town for just a day or two, one for a dive and the other to see the sites. You might want a car; Habitat is pretty secluded and not on a bus route. We hope to see you next week, Sunshine
http://www.abcislands.se/img/Curacao_map_large.jpg

Hey UnderwaterBumbleBee,

The weather is always good on Curacao :) See you next week, then! If you come to dive Alice in Wonderland, plan to have lunch or dinner at Sunshine's - it's around the corner; we are all in Westpoint, which is approximately 30 min driving from Habitat. Sunshine is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Best regards
Andreas

UWBB:

Hey, enjoy your trip to Curacao!

Make sure you post a trip report and pictures upon your return.

I want to see and hear all about it. Be sure you go into the city as well.

Dive safe and have fun.....

Sunshine's Sol Food, Andreas, Watamula and Playa Kalki (alias Alice in W'land) are located in the village Westpunt on the western end of the Island. From Habitat to Westpunt is about 20 minutes by car.
One car pile lies in front of the home base of the Dive Bus, on the eastside of town, about 40 minutes by car from Habitat. This is a deep dive.
There is another car pile at Vaersenbaai, which is also a deep dive.

Hi there,

The Car Pile is a very cool dive site indeed - swing by The Dive Bus next to Breezes Hotel and we'll be happy to give you pointers on how to dive it right (and make sure you don't miss the site!)

Car Pile is on Pierbaai Reef which is huge and gorgeous, so you may want to plan on making 2 dives that day, then may a fish lunch at Surf and Turf restaurant on the beach... :eek:)

Info about and photos of Carpile here:
The Dive Bus - Car Pile @ Marie Pampoen

Info about and photos of Pierbaai Reef here:
The Dive Bus - Pierbaai - Home of The Dive Bus Hut!

Enjoy!
Suzy

Hey Fisheye,

Your pictures are very beautiful, indeed! Nice to watch even for people diving on Curacao every day :)

Kind regards from the island
Andreas

Sure you can't squeeze another trip in Nesher?:) Us "mad" typers have to stick together!

UWBB:

If only I could squeeze one more into this year.............

It appears I'm going to make a course deviation from liveaboard diving twice this year and make it back to Curacao in Sep and then to Bonaire in November. (Still trying to convince the guys the travel is worth it)

enjoy....I know you can't wait to get in the water....You'll love the diving in Curacao...I certainly did.

Take lots of photos for us to see.....(Ooops I didn't have to say that, of course you will)

Back
Top Bottom