Curacao in August - New to DIY Dive Vacations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for the responses. We are going to use this information for our research in planning the trip. I am a little embarrassed to admit it, but the wife and I are not really looking forward to cooking our own meals between dives. Is there an accommodation option (other than an all inclusive resort) that has a meal plan option?
I don't cook either - when I'm on vacation. As mentioned Rancho El Sobrino is one option - I've eaten there once for dinner. Seemed like a smaller, older place. The Lodge KH is about the only other one I can think of.

The two mid-island dive resorts that had restaurants both closed in the past 5 years or so.

I can't think of anywhere along the coast until you get back to the north side of Willemstad. Quite a few condo complexes but no on-site restaurants that I can think of. Maybe there's one at Bahia Apt's in Lagun. They have a cliffside bar/grill but that may be all.

Rules out Marazul also afaik - I'm pretty sure it's just condos there.

Almost back to town Blue Bay Resort does breakfast. AzZuro Restaurant: <br>the Mediterranean meets the Caribbean - Blue Bay Curacao Hotel

Probably the next resort with restaurant is the Hilton in Piscadera Bay - Carib Sea Sports is on-site for diving. I believe there's 2 restaurants there. Also the Marriott next door but it's closed for remodeling. The Clarion nearby has a restaurant but it's not waterfront ad you'd probably have to drive to CSS to dive - a farther walk than I'd want to do with gear.

Much farther south and you'll run into cruise traffic and the north side of downtown. No really good diving there except the Superior Producer which is a boat dive near the cruise port.

Holiday Beach Resort in that area has a Denny's...24 Hour Dinning Don't remember if it's on-site but definitely walkable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom