Curacao dive resorts with house reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dman,

We prefer to shore dive as a buddy team these days vs. group boat dives or group guided shore dives, so we understand your perspective. When wed o this, we're diving exclusively on our schedule, not someone else's.

Here's two decent web sites to review the different shore diving locations on Curacao. The Curacao Actief site even has numbers to match up with the Curacao Dive & Drive map.

Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Curacao, ABC Islands

Curaçao Actief

We stayed at Papgayo on our first trip to Curacao, and did plenty of diving at the Jan Thiel 'house reef' area. Scuba Do is the dive services provider at that location.

Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: JanthielBaai of Curacao, ABC Islands

Curaçao Actief

Dive Center - Scuba Do - Jan Thiel Baai, Cura?o

Our second trip to Curacao we stayed at Marazul that has its own water access between some of the beaches, I guess you could call that a no-name house reef - but we did a lot of our diving at Playa Forti that trip.

Curaçao Actief

The second half of that trip we stayed at Waterside Apartments where Snake Bay could be considered the House Reef.

Curaçao Actief

Our upcoming third Curacao trip we'll spend half of it at All West apartments with Playa Piscado di Westpunt as the closest named dive site that serves as it's house reef, near Playa Kalki that's the house reef for Ocean Encounters West.

Curaçao Actief

The second half of our upcoming trip we'll stay at Sun Reef Village, in between Snake Bay and Boca Sami, with direct access to the water.

Curaçao Actief

Whatever accomodations you pick, as long as they're near the water, I'm sure you'll have a good time!

Habitat has a really good house reef set up. Sunset waters is good also. I have stayed at both and perfer Sunset waters since it is all inclusive. It has a nice beach area also. The staff was awesome there adn not so good at habitat. Last 2 times for me were sunset waters. If I could afford it I would stay at Kura Hulanda Lodge....great house reef and beautiful resort!!!!!!

I will say that I have dove at the hilton's house reef on 3 different trips and had an amazing time---frogfish, cowfish, seahorses galore...it is a beautiful dive as far as I'm concerned..and I am a little concerned about Habitat - we are supposed to be staying there come september...any recent trips there with reviews? It's not too late for usto change our reservation!

I leave on the 13 for Curacao and will be staying at Habitat. Any heads up would be cool. Is there any wrecks :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom