Curacao dive op rec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillpusher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are there any dive ops there that have multiple tank pickup locations along the island like they do in Bonaire? We'll be staying a little to the north, and, at least by looking at a map, it seems like all of the dive shops are to the south.

Thanks in advance,

Are there any dive ops there that have multiple tank pickup locations along the island like they do in Bonaire? We'll be staying a little to the north, and, at least by looking at a map, it seems like all of the dive shops are to the south.

Thanks in advance,
Good morning from Curaçao!
Thanks for the question and to be direct, there are no Curaçao dive ops that have multiple tank pick-up/drop-off locations across the island. However, depending on where you are staying (for instance in the North-west) - there are excellent and high quality dive ops available such as GO WEST Diving (Westpunt), Relaxed Guided Dives (Tera Kora), B Diving (Cas Abao Beach), and a few more. These shops have tank pick-up and drop-off - so give them a shout! Best value will be an unlimited package to reduce the per tank cost - basically the more you use, the less expensive it becomes. Need more info, contact us at Contact Us to Dive Curacao | Curacao Dive Travel and Vacation Advice

Thanks for choosing Curaçao as a dive destination and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Where exactly are you staying “a little to the north” and what areas are you planning on diving? North and south are easily misinterpreted terms in Curacao given the way the island runs.

There are a lot of shore diving sites along the southwest coast heading out towards Westpoint. Some have tank rentals on site which you would want to do rather than bringing your own tanks.

Where exactly are you staying “a little to the north” and what areas are you planning on diving? North and south are easily misinterpreted terms in Curacao given the way the island runs.

There are a lot of shore diving sites along the southwest coast heading out towards Westpoint. Some have tank rentals on site which you would want to do rather than bringing your own tanks.
Sorry, to the northwest. We’ll be in the coral estates area. No worries though, I found a shop near there that didn’t pop up at first until I zoomed further in.

Sorry, to the northwest. We’ll be in the coral estates area. No worries though, I found a shop near there that didn’t pop up at first until I zoomed further in.
The dive shop at Coral Estates, I assume.

I think the previous shop at Coral Estates moved a bit northwest some years ago to Porto Marie or Daabooi beach. I recently found a shop at Cas Abou when looking into a vrbo that some people we know were renting there. They continue up the coast until you get to Go West diving, which you probably should. Zooming around google maps isn’t a super reliable way of finding everything though (not sure what is, besides asking people like you did.)

The dive shop at Coral Estates, I assume.

I think the previous shop at Coral Estates moved a bit northwest some years ago to Porto Marie or Daabooi beach. I recently found a shop at Cas Abou when looking into a vrbo that some people we know were renting there. They continue up the coast until you get to Go West diving, which you probably should. Zooming around google maps isn’t a super reliable way of finding everything though (not sure what is, besides asking people like you did.)
Correct. Coral Divers.

When we went we stayed in a VRBO in Coral estates, got the majority of our tanks thru them the dive shop down by the restaurant, five of us so ten tanks at a time. A few other places we just rented tanks from the on site operator, not much in the way off conveniently located unlimited air options. 3 a day on Curacao is like 4 a day on Bonaire from a logistics standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom