Curaçao - A Unique Shore Diving Haven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not looking to be contentious, just curious as to the thinking involved. I’ve seen the issue come up in enough Curaçao threads before and I’ve repeatedly wondered why op.s made an issue of it.

Very glad about the change. Go West has a strong positive reputation on the forum. Their new policy could be a competitive advantage.

Andreas and Allwest/Gowest are great. Should be in the water for my first dive this Wed afternoon. I started thinking about taking a dive trip to CUR a couple years ago after looking at some of the info here on SB and being priced out of return trips to BON based upon the high airfares to BON. We dove Bon 2009, '10, 12 and '16. Love Bon, but when traveling with 4 (or 6 as was the case in our trip to CUR last Jan) airfare of $300 per vs. $650-$1,200 per makes a big diff. On our first trip to CUR last year, we arrived late afternoon on New Years Eve and would not make it out to the Gowest dive shop before they closed. They also were going to open later in the day New Years day bc of the holiday. Of course we were anxious to dive as soon as we could. Andreas agreed to put the rental gear and weights in our room to be there upon arrival so we could hit the water without having to wait until the shop opened later the next day. Just an example of the service they provide and their going above and beyond what is required/expected. There are more.

Will post a report when we return.

Actually, the policy (at least at Dive Friends Bonaire) has changed recently to a wee bit more restrictive. On my first 3 trips solo was never even mentioned. Standard release forms, etc. and carry on. Just don't damage the reef or hassle marine life.

On my last trip, there were releases and paperwork that was for every diver and additional releases and paperwork for anyone diving solo. I think it is mostly to protect against litigation. They do require an independant air source, c-card, and appropriate redundant gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom