Cupcakes at 70ft....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got access to a new digtial underwater camera setup with video capabilties...should be able to provide some video evidence...errr ummmm...I mean photographic training aides to explain Boyles and Henry's Law to new students. Got an Ipad just waiting to get wet, a box of MRE's and taking suggestions.....looking for suggestions from curious fellow divers who want to answer the question "What do you think would happen if....."

and the new dive year begins!!!!!! I like this thread better than "Mythbusters"....

Are there any known adverse effects of eating and drinking at depth and then decompressing?

I guess avoiding surface-fizzy drinks, avoiding air swallowing, and avoiding excessive eating may be wise - or else strange things might happen in the belly region while ascending. I am also aware of the air quality issues.

I'd love to take a banana and juice with me on a 100ft dive to an airbel - just to see my dive buddys reaction - but I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

I like the idea of marinating a steak, keep it cool and ready to grill upon exiting the water,also cell phones can receive calls and ring inside a dry suit at around 5 feet, not that i intended to test that one.:shakehead:

Not too cool I hope...a steak should be around normal room temp when you put it on the grill as per those cooking shows my GF watches! :D

Are there any known adverse effects of eating and drinking at depth and then decompressing?

I guess avoiding surface-fizzy drinks, avoiding air swallowing, and avoiding excessive eating may be wise - or else strange things might happen in the belly region while ascending. I am also aware of the air quality issues.

I'd love to take a banana and juice with me on a 100ft dive to an airbel - just to see my dive buddys reaction - but I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

HAHAHA, I can see the headline now: "Diver Dies Eating Lunch Underwater" - A man ate 10 compressed boxes of cupcakes at 100' deep. Upon returning to the surface, the cakes returned to their normal size, thus rupturing his stomach and flowing out of his mouth which disabled his ability to breathe.

Here are my contributions to the list of possible foods to take to depth ... Raisinets ... I'll bet they'd be edible at depth, but I wonder if they would get even more squished? Whoppers. Someone suggested Three Musketeers - I like that one too. Croissant. And as long as the Krispy Kreme donut is kept in a bag I'd be happy to eat it even if it was a compressed teeny little ball when it was all over. Yum!!!

If its a cold water dive, I suggest and Ice Cream Sandwich. LoL. otherwise it would just be a milk shake I'm afraid.

We did the musketeers bar and it shrunk inside the wrapper at about 65ft, when we opened it at surface, it looked like the candy bar exploded inside. That might be something we want to try again. Jelly donuts lose all their filling, however, donut holes squish down perfectly to little carbohydrate balls the size of marbles for the quick sugar rush.

Back
Top Bottom