Cupcakes at 70ft....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm waiting for someone to post a picture or video of simultaneous bi-directional venting following the ingestion of carbonated beverages at depth....

Too funny. I had a Diet Pepsi at depth once. I thought I was going to explode on surfacing. Very unpleasant to have that initial off-gassing of the CO2 in your tummy on ascent.

Sorry if somebody already mentioned it, but...

Jaques Yves-Cousteau tells a similar story in The Silent World where a bunch of dignitaries were relatively deep underground to celebrate the completion of a tunnel, and had brought champagne along. When they popped the corks, the champagne was flat, but they drank it anyway. It wasn't until they started to return to the surface that the CO2 started outgassing. Long story short, they were rushed back down for recompression and brought up more slowly, with copious accompanying bodily functions.

Ok, the grilled cheese was a fail a few weeks ago. Bread got soggy, fish got full. Could not toast the bread but could burn it (darn physics). The cheese never even got warm. I'll will find a way to do this.

List of fails:

The Arkansas shrimp otherwise known as cheese doodles dissolved as soon as they hit the water....no fun.

Grapes did absolutely nothing matter what we did to them.

Making Smores under water had the same problems as the grilled cheese.

Could not get the charcoal grill lit at 40 ft of depth. Must have been a problem with the lighter...

Citrus fruits did not react to water depths at all, they didn't compress much nor did they expolde upon a quick surface.

Donuts ooze out there filling at around 45ft, they got squishy and were kinda too mushy to eat once back on surface. The sadness was that they were fresh krispy cream jelly and cream filled donuts.

So just because I didnt see a response to the previously asked question, how do you actually go about eating things underwater?

I want to make a cheese melt sandwich at depth, not sure how yet but I'm working on it.

I'm thinking something involving 100% oxygen and/or a hyperbaric welding torch :cool2:
*no liability accepted*
Post videos!

Maybe similar results to the pumpkin, but I'd like to see a watermelon go for a dive.

Cool list. All I've ever tried was cracking eggs at 70 ft and playing volleyball with the yokes. The fish love it when they break and the crawdads loved the shells.

But did you carry it down on a teaspoon?

Take reg out of mouth, put food in mouth, chew, swallow, reinsert reg. But you need to practice swallow reflex with mask on. Rather simplistic once mastered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom