Cupcakes at 70ft....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

]I am curious how a Peep would hold up to the pressure

Here is an excerpt from past trials:

5.)Whipped cream from the can works great underwater. Dissolves almost instantly near surface. At 65 feet holds together a little longer and can form a ribbon.

6.) Eating peanutbutter cups at depths screws with your regulator mouthpiece.

7.) Marshmallow peeps shrink into a little ball and lose all their colored sugar. Cadbury eggs collapse at 30 ft or experience reverse squeeze and explode upon surfacing. Nothing happened to MM's with peanuts. Must be that protective shell.

funny thread. Just curious, the scent from the raw meat doesn't attract the sharks?

funny thread. Just curious, the scent from the raw meat doesn't attract the sharks?
That would be a plus, wouldn't it?

If I brought a nice airy ciabatta roll, some cold cuts, cheese and two pocket warmers - could I get a nice pressed sandwich at depth?

4. Slim jims can be enjoyed at any depth with no ill effects - beyond what would usually be expected after enjoying a Slim Jim..

Fixed your post.

4. Slim jims can be enjoyed at any depth with no ill effects.
Only if you find a locked car that you need to get into.

Did anyone else notice that the stuff that's really bad for you (as in we're not sure how it's made - the SCARY stuff), is the stuff that survives the best at depth? Slim Jim's and Pop Tarts? These are goods that will survive with the cockroaches!

That being the case, someone must test the Twinkie theory. I bet anything that it would be just as much of a pile of fluffy gooey spongieness at 300ft then at the surface!

Did anyone else notice that the stuff that's really bad for you (as in we're not sure how it's made - the SCARY stuff), is the stuff that survives the best at depth? Slim Jim's and Pop Tarts? These are goods that will survive with the cockroaches!

That being the case, someone must test the Twinkie theory. I bet anything that it would be just as much of a pile of fluffy gooey spongieness at 300ft then at the surface!

I hope so! I plan on using a Twinkie on my next dive in lieu of a safety sausage!

Back
Top Bottom