Cultus tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 28.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm doing a dive tomorrow as part of the Cultus lake Sculpin project (hope to have the informational blog up soon). If anyones interested I'll meet at the Jade Bay boat launch and either dive from there (explore the Bailey bridge vicinity more) or dive Maple Bay to see what's there. Say... 10am so we can sleep in a little.
Can't guarantee vis (it was real crappy last time) and will mostly be trying to identify and mark potential den sites.

I'll join you. Hopefully you'll read this before you leave. I know I have your phone number somewhere. I'll try to give you a call b4 heading out.

Thanks for the dive today guys.

Vis was terrible (3-5') and it was cold. Lots of runoff and lake turnover has stirred things up for a while I'm afraid.

Picture2002-16.jpg

I only have a land camera so no UW pics but I chuckled at this shot later. My van is beside these two with it's rear hatch open as well and it looks to me like they are PEZ diver dispensers. Pull up, open the hatch, and a diver pops out.

Picture2003-11.jpg

Now if we could just back down the boat ramp and save the surface walk.

Before decending we planned what we'd do in case of separation, we should have planned what we'd do if we saw each other.

Since I was new to the site, I was following Dale. I had to be very aware of the location of the faint glow of Dale's light. Dale's main means of knowing he had a buddy around was by kicking my head. Still, we saw the bones of about 5 salmon, and I think I saw one of the rare sculpins Dale was looking for.

How could we miss a Bailey bridge???

We did see a couple of Sculpins that fit the bill I think. One of my plans is to get some good pics from DFO and laminate them onto a couple of slates for more positive ID's. I took some marker flags yesterday but didn't tag any den sites due to the vis (I couldn't even orient the locations in order to record them).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom