Cuba Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great shots

I want to go to cuba, but stupid anti-communist laws....

astrl, I only used the on camera strobe, and that didn't always fire. The visibility was fantastic 60 ft or more on every dive. I plan on buying an off camera strobe this summer.

scuberd, we originally we intended on heading to coz, but cuba was half the price. Cuba was a wonderful country and I would return in the future. If the U.S. ever drops it's restrictions I'd recommend it as a destination. If you do eventually get there, make sure to take a trip into a city and see some of Cuba off the resort, the people are extreemly welcoming.

Steve.

Great pics!

For future reference, where did you stay and who did you dive with?

Dee,
We stayed at SuperClubs Breezes Costa Verde. It's in the province of Holguin on the north east coast of the island. The resort is an all inclusive which made for a very relaxing week.

We did our dives with "Blue World" which is semi-associated with several of the resorts in the area. However, there are two or three other dive shops in the area which might be worth checking out. It's worth noting that they have a lot of trouble getting gear down there, especially small things like slates and hose clips. If you bring some of this stuff down there to give to the DM's I'm sure they would be very grateful.

Steve.

I was in Cuba last September, and i really enjoyed it!I dived mostly at a place called Maria La Gorda. It's a resort in the western side of Cuba, in the Pinar del Ri Province. This region has been declared Reserve of the Biosphere due to the treasures of its flora and fauna and for its sea and terrestrial landscapes.

It's a divers only Hotel, and all the isolation are worth it. I can say that you could see whale shrak almost every day sorrounded by "bonitos" (i don't know how to spell it in english.

Lots of sponges and black coral. A must dive place you cannot miss in Cuba.

But it's sort of a moot point since we aren't allowed to go there.... yet!

I'll get there one of these days.

Better known as Guantanamo Bay.....

I spent a month there last June compliments of the U.S. Government. The water is beautiful there, did not plan on diving and had no camera but the coral formations and walls were fantastic. I would love to go back just to dive again there were many places to go on the Naval Base there, they even have a special diving area set up with fresh water showers and dunk tanks. They also have an LDS and a dive club. Of course there isn't much else there to do except watch the iguanas and the Talibans.:D :D

Wildbill

Back
Top Bottom