Cuba or Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are thinking of doing a diving holiday to either Cuba or Mexico this December/January. There are four of us including our 12yo and 15yo - all divers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to concentrate on for a family of diversin Cuba? The 15yo is in the adolescent the world is beneath me stage...gotta love those 15 yo boys...so somewhere with a little land activity might be good. Hubby and I are avid uw photo & video divers...

Also, where can I find the travel guidelines for those travelling on an US passport...the others will be on Australian passports, i can't seem to find restrictions on those (for Cuba).

I am posting a similar message in the mexico section...for those who have Mexico suggestions. Thanks

First, the obvious:

It is a violation of US law to use an American passport to enter Cuba (with few exceptions). It is also a violation of US law for American citizens to spend money in Cuba. That said, its done all the time. The Cuban immigration service knows these restrictions well enough, and will not stamp a US passport if politely asked.

There are relatively limited diving opportunities in Cuba. Certainly nothing as good as Cozumel. You can check out the Isle of Youth as a popular tourist destination, with some diving opportunities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom