Cuba in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian

I think it's all the Hay the farm boys throw around, and the fact that there is not alot else to do but play Ball and Hockey in the winter, funn i was reading your post while watching or OHA junior C hockey team win ther 34th game this season (they are 33 and 1 with 68 points, the most # of points for any OHA team inthe 20 year history of the league), Anyway, thanx for all the advice, I assumed that the diving would not be quite as nice as it was when I was in Roatan last Feb. but this is afamily vacation and I'm the only diver, so good diving was not in the criteria. But any warm water diving beats the cold stuff, although I do so love the wrecks in the Kingston area.

Tamas,....thanx for the sdvice, tanks are the one thing i would not drag to Cuba, all the other gear travels well, I'll remember the Tshirt trick.

and to everyone,....I promise from now on I'll keep my political views (such as they are) out of the board. I never meean to offend.

I'll let everyone know what it was like when I get back.

Thanx all, Brian

Thanks Tamas. One is always going to be curious about a place they are barred from, and with all the great diving in most of the rest of the Caribbean I was hoping Cuba might be the next great "undiscovered". Oh well, I had to ask.

I am one of the lucky ones who got to dive in Cuba, well Gitmo anyway. This was going back 12 years now, but I argree with the others, it beats Jersey diving in January, but the rest of what I have seen of the Caribbean is way far above Cuba.

Hey all
Back from Cuba on tv 7th had a great an restfull vacation.
Diving was less then spectacular, only got one dive in on the 2nd day then the weather turned crappy, all water based activities canceled due to the high winds and water conditions.
The dive I did do was a nice 53min 12m dive, not much to see on that side of Cuba though, the reef is pretty flat, just a pial of rocks really.
I was impressed with the gear, pretty well all new scubapro sutff and in great condtion.
I would go back but not as a dive vacation, for that I might go back to Roatan.
Brian

Hey all
Back from Cuba on tv 7th had a great an restfull vacation.
Diving was less then spectacular, only got one dive in on the 2nd day then the weather turned crappy, all water based activities canceled due to the high winds and water conditions.
The dive I did do was a nice 53min 12m dive, not much to see on that side of Cuba though, the reef is pretty flat, just a pial of rocks really.
I was impressed with the gear, pretty well all new scubapro sutff and in great condtion.

Glad you had a good time overall, that was my same reaction to the entire trip as well.

I would go back but not as a dive vacation, for that I might go back to Roatan.
Same thing I said....minus the Roatan part, haven't been there yet :D

But, I had the pleasure of diving Cuba in 1962 and again in 1978 and both times it was great.. Of course that was a long, long, long, time ago, and several big hurricanes have come and gone thru there now, but the diving we did was comparable to the Caymans, especially around the Isle of Youth, or Isle of Pines it was called then. Would I go there again, YES, just as soon as it is legal to do so. It is a place just waiting to be discovered in the outer islands areas..... my two cents worth....

Hello to all. First time contributor.

My wife and I have been to Cuba 13 times since 2000. We have dived in 9 different dive centers in Cuba.

The trip Cayo Coco is OK, but certainly not the best spot in cuba. I was realy not impress by the instructors drinking beer between dives.

My log book says it all. Almost no comments and poor pictures

You can either stay at the Trip or the Blau Colonial next door, which is much nicer.

The two best spots in cuba are for me, Maria La Gorda (sanctuary) and The Breeze Jibacoa (best for snorkling).

Maria La Gorda is hard to get to (4 hours drive from Habana). Because it is a sanctuary, the reef and fishes are in great shape. Very small hotel

The Breeze Jibacoa is a adult resort. It is between Habana and Varadero (1 hour from each town). The reef start about 200feet from shore.

We will be going again to the Jibacoa in may.

hb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom