CSSP this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan,
I am looking for a dive buddy to go to Murray this weekend. Could I talk you into that?
I am in Arlington also. Friday works good for me. Sat is good too. Don't know about Sun.

Ryan,
I am looking for a dive buddy to go to Murray this weekend. Could I talk you into that?
I am in Arlington also. Friday works good for me. Sat is good too. Don't know about Sun.

Defiantly, I have never been there before, is their a scuba store close by, or do I need to go get a few extra tanks? How far of a drive is it?

John.... my youngest son is going in tomm. for 3 hours of dental surgery so I will be with him all Friday.....not yet sure how my Sat/Sun is looking based on his needs.

Defiantly, I have never been there before, is their a scuba store close by, or do I need to go get a few extra tanks? How far of a drive is it?

They have a part-time scuba shop at the marina.......you might want to bring an extra tank to be sure you have the gas for your dives. It takes me 2 hours to get there from my home in SW Arlington.....if you hook up with John he knows the dive sites well...'but' keep a close eye on him, as he is a native Okie!

Wow! Alan!
You have my condolences on that. Dental surgery is no fun. I am sure John is going to need your full attention. I know you are up to the task though -- even if it does interfere with diving.

Call me some time if you want to go take a dip. It's starting to get warmer now.

Ryan,
Officially, there is a scuba store close by. Unofficially, I don't know if it's open yet. The shop on Murray, Scuba J, is a seasonal operation mostly. Bring extra tanks; but under no circumstances bring more than 3 tanks. Trust me. We won't do more than 3 dives. I usually only do 2 dives before breaking for afternoon/evening dinner at La Roca; 3pm.

Addition:
Murray is 2 hours drive from south Arlington. Straight up I-35. Exit at Marietta or . . .. . . . wait. Standby, I need to go find that other exit number. Do you have a GPS unit? Also, while I have your attention, google some place called Marietta Landing (note two t's in spelling).

Marietta is exit #15 in Oklahoma; if you choose to drive through Marietta. Most experienced Murray divers prefer going through Marietta; however, you have to be astute enough to follow highway signs and take OK 77S when you see it. Otherwise you get lost.

Inexperienced divers usually prefer exit 24 because the directions are a little more straightforward even though the driving distance is a little longer.

Question Alan:
Have you heard from Timeliner? He's been kind of quiet as of late. I am starting to worry about him.

See ya there tomorrow John. For some reason I can not find Marietta landing on Google. I do have a GPS but, it is for flying and its road mode, does not work to well.

Alan- Best of luck to your son. Dental surgery is no fun.

Back
Top Bottom