CSSP this weekend (Labor Day)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panama Jack

Reaction score
I want to dive Sunday or Monday (if CSSP is open Labor Day, that is my preference), but my wife (dive buddy) is out of town. Anyone who may be intersted in diving, please post. Thank You

Are coming down from Plano either Sunday or Monday, we haven't decided yet. Would love to plan something if we can!

Not sure if CSSP is open Labor Day or not, it is generally closed on Mondays, so to be safe, I say we shoot for Sunday (we dove last Sunday, got there just after they opened and it worked out well, was home by 1pm, although this weekend I'd like to get 2 full tanks in rather than just 1)

If you need to email directly, feel free : paul@jenkinstechnology.com

I was there Friday and spoke with Cayetano and he said they WILL be open on Monday.

The vis is very poor right now and unless you are up along the banks, on the bottom, or up close to something you will be swimming in pea soup.

The algae is in full bloom and I saw strands of it out in the middle that were upto 2 ft. long just floating along doing what algae does best.

Hmmm, the algae thing is a bummer. I would like to dive early Monday if possible. I am coming from the Grapevine area.

I'm sure glad we decided not to come up there this weekend! I want to remember the excellent viz we had a few weeks ago. :wink:

I will be there, email me at davidbperez@sbcglobal.net
I should be there by 9am, would like to get two dives in but will have to deal with a fill from the park for my second one.

happy diving

DP

Conditions at CSSP were pretty good.

I was working as DM for an OW class, so I didn't explore too much, and stayed above the first thermocline most of the time, but here's what I experienced:

Thermocline: 27-28 ffw, moderately cooler, but not the "ice cooler over the head" that the deeper one is. Temp above the thermcline was a comfy 80-85 degrees per my computer. I started the diving in my 5/3 full suit, but was a bit too warm, so I switched to my 1.5 skin and was still comfortable.

Vis: 15 feet. Like SeaHunt said, it was a very green cast, but still diveable.

We were operating at the ladder just past the "American Eagle" plane fuselage and the new platform that is straight out from that (between the small boat and Cisco).

That's a place that I like to setup. Close to the fill station and u/w attractions, and better yet, in the shade trees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom