CSSP this weekend (8/12 - 8/13)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabum2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone headed to the swamp this weekend? I'm likely going out Saturday morning for a couple of dives. Haven't gotten wet since Traverse Bay (Lake Michigan) a few weeks back. Heck, the temp at 80 ft in Lake Michigan has nothing on 55 ft at CSSP.

What time and where I am going to be out there with my dive buddy Sat. Morning. We usually go to the left in the back by the airplane.

Bruce

I'll probably try to get there between 9 & 10. I haven't dove the north side in a while, so I'll head over that way, at least for the first dive.

Went out today and circled about 3/4 of the pond. Vis was maybe 5' in most spots. I kept hearing a couple of DPV's while I was cruzing down the wall side and was constantly looking over my shoulder trying not to become road (lake?) kill. I finally ran into them back by the docks. lol

I was out there yesterday, and there were more people there than I've seen all year. It was literally covered up. I did 2 hour+ solo dives. The first one the vis was 10ft or so, unless you were close to the platforms. The students had the platforms down to about 2ft or so. There were a couple of classes using the plane for a platform, so it wasn't much better, 5ft at most. By the time I did my second dive, the vis over the entire north end was down to 5ft. max, with less than that near the platforms. I went into the channel a couple of times, hoping for a little better vis at depth, but at 35ft, it was cold, and the vis still sucked, so I eased back to the shallows.

I managed to go out there today, skipped church, going to hell , etc. Sorry God, I needed the fix. Diving is a much better alternative than booze, drugs, barbeque, etc so please forgive me.

Dove on the south end on the Adventure Scuba platform with rescue diving training. Today, I can actually make mucho comparisons between the pond and Lake Whitney - nasty stink, crappy vis, yek. But, I found some poor sot's integrated weight thingy and turned it in and also saw the albino catfish - looked a heck of a lot like Edgar Winter with dem wiskers. Oh well, its nice when you can leave you house, do 2 dives and get back in the course of 6 hours.

Still, CSSP needs to reduce their rates - $20 is too much to dive in their nasty little quarry with crappy amenities. At least Calvin at Athens maintains his pond.

Later days, better lays - sbum

scubabum2:
Still, CSSP needs to reduce their rates - $20 is too much to dive in their nasty little quarry with crappy amenities.
Later days, better lays - sbum

Amen to that:11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom