CSSP Sunday Nov. 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It was a grand day at the swamp today. The weather couldn't have been more miraculous for a November day! Nice and warm, with a cooling breeze. A light jacket was all you needed, and most of the time we were in t-shorts, shorts, etc. After Foo2 & I arrived, we met some new friends from the ScubaToys forum, along with Timeliner, IlliniFan and Firefyter. They had already done a few dives before we arrived. After we geared up, the whole group did a dive along the wall. The vis was good, probably 15-20 except in a few places.

We saw a lot of catfish today, especially some very large ones. In the grasses, there are plenty of babies and fingerlings. It's one of the best parts of the lake, the nursery. Our dive lasted about 45 mins, the temp was only 67 degrees (no noticeable thermocline), which is entirely tolerable, especially when it is a nice warm day. My max depth was 40 ft, some peeps were a little deeper.

It was an overall very enjoyable day. (Only one bad thing- I lost a diamond out of my ring. :()

Bummer about the diamond! I am always worried about that when I am out diving, but i continue to wear my ring as well. Sounds like you had a nice day!

Thankfully isn't wasn't my wedding ring, but it was my 10 yr anniversary ring, and one of the bigger diamonds in it. Frank the expert says it won't be toooo bad to replace, but dang. Would have preferred not to! lol. Thanks Debra, hope to see you soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom