CSSP Sunday 11/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Suppose to be a nice fall day on Sunday so I am heading to the dive park early to meet up with some of the locals from my LDS. I saw ScubaTexan yesterday and he mentioned if his church schd. allowed, he might try and sneak out in the afternoon. We will be roosting on the north side of the lake in the middle section (hopefully near the biffs--an old age thing,lol). All Texas Swamp Divers welcome! Anyone else diving this weekend? :water:

Come on....it's not to cold yet!!!!

I've been watching your posts and have wanted to join you every weekend but have not been able to. ' stuff to do ... anyway.. How was the Silo ???

Timeliner:
I've been watching your posts and have wanted to join you every weekend but have not been able to. ' stuff to do ... anyway.. How was the Silo ???

Hey good to hear from you! We are not schd. for the silo till 11/20....if you can would love for you to join us for sure. Last weekend dove the San Marcos river for the first time---what a hoot!

Are you talking about the silo in the Abilene area? I would like to join a group if you're planning a dive at Val Halla. What's the entry fee and when are you going?

rkr3000:
Are you talking about the silo in the Abilene area? I would like to join a group if you're planning a dive at Val Halla. What's the entry fee and when are you going?

Call Debra or Heather---you are welcome to join us!!
Dive the Valhalla Missile Silo !
November 20, 2004 10AM-4PM

Surface Interval Scuba is putting together a trip from the dive shop to the Silo. Cost is $45 for unlimited diving. There is not an airfill station out there for airfills so you will need to bring as many tanks you want to dive. We will have extra tanks that will cost $5.00 if you want to some more diving but don't have enough air. The water temp is normally about 60 degrees so a minimum of a 5mil with hood gloves will be necessary. We are offering half price rentals for the day of you need a cold water wetsuit, hood gloves, weight, BCD, Regulator, computers, etc. Payment is due ASAP and $15 of the $45 is non-refundable once you book. We will provide snacks ( Little Debbie cakes, Peanuts, Trail mix, Cookies, Sodas, water, etc.) A tent, some chairs, but bring your own if you can. This is a fun trip that is really made better by convoying out in trucks, cars and motorcycles. The SI Scuba Club MC has officially formed now so if you want to brave the cold and ride your motorcycle there will be a few of us who will do the same. Trucks will be available to haul gear and maybe even a few cars will help with the hauling. If we get 40 people the cost will be reduced to $25 per person. It's a party!!! Join US!!!!

Sunday was a nice day at the lake for diving,,,,not crowded but a few groups of divers. Water was smooth and calm,,,,,vis about 10-15ft.,,,,temp at the water surface 70f and at depth of 40ft. it was 69f. Lots of fish out. Full 5mil feels just right. Many divers out breaking in their drysuits and new scooters!

It felt sooooooo good to get back underwater! Two months is too long. I went down to 47 feet, found some rocks at about 35-40 feet and just laid across them and watched the fish watching me. I also found a turtle scampering close by. I followed him until he burrowed into some grass. It's amazing how much fun you can have in just 29 minutes. I cut it a little short because this was my first intentional solo dive. I was rather proud of myself. It's not something I'll ever get into the habit of doing, but it's nice to know you can go down alone if you have to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom