CSSP Sat 07/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garyra

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I finally get to go diving again. Swimmers ear is cleared up, so doctor says to go ahead. Got my college homework caught up and a friend of mine that is starting Divemaster training is needing to log a few dives. So, CSSP here I come. I am looking forward to hooking up with some of you, since if haven't had a chance to meet anyone except on the boards. I will be out at CSSP around 9am or so and will be driving a Champaine colored F-150. I will be wearing a tank that looks like an energizer battery, still looking for one that looks like a Mountain Dew Can :)

Hope to see some of y'all there.

got the new tank and Mt. Dew looking cover. Set to go now. Will be glad to not have to get refills as often :)

I'll be out there Sat and Sun with Scubatoys on my OW checkout dives.

Look for the white mustang with white wheels.

Dudes, these tank covers are getting popular. I've got the Lifesaver looking one.
Perhaps I'll see ya'll Saturday, will be on the west side, by the middle dock.
Drivin a red 2-door Tahoe.

TruckDiver:
Dudes, these tank covers are getting popular. I've got the Lifesaver looking one.
Perhaps I'll see ya'll Saturday, will be on the west side, by the middle dock.
Drivin a red 2-door Tahoe.

Those tank covers modeled after, Mountain Dew, Energizer Batteries, LifeSavers, Absoult Vodka, etc. will not be produced anymore. The guy that designed those never got permission from the companies and he got in trouble for copyright infringment. So whatever was produced before that, are all that there is. We sold one at our shop a while back and the guy had it on for about a month when he came back in the water stayed trapped between the cover and the tank and it started to corrode it. Also the covers will have to be removed once a year for visual inspections. We had about 20 of them and I sent them all back.

Deb.....I thought those covers were heat shrunk to the tank, making the covers watertight.

Dee:
Deb.....I thought those covers were heat shrunk to the tank, making the covers watertight.

Yeah but.... this one leaked or something and the guy's tanks corroded. It wasn't worth the risk to us to have to start replacing tanks because we sold them a product that may or may not damage their tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom