CSSP Report -- May 24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
I showed up at CSSP today at about 12:30pm.

I did three dives today; burned three tanks of air, mostly. Got to meet two other divers at random. There was Richard from Denton and George from somewhere just east of Shreveport. Nice guys.

What I saw: I saw fish, lots of mud flats at 42 ft and again at 52 ft, lots of boulders. Boulders are cool! airplane thingy, two silo thingies, one shark thingy, lots o' training platforms and plenty o' quality time staring at my compass. Vis ranged from 4 to 8 ft for the most part.

Richard allowed me to borrow his DPV scooter for one dive. That was kind of cool. I still can't decide if I like scooters or not; at least not in limited vis locales. Low vis makes navigating with a scooter difficult. You have to stop to take a compass reading and then "guess" that you continue in the proper direction as you sail through the fog. Go figure.

Still have never seen the alligator or the coffin.

Water temp below the thermocline was 64F or so at 40 ft and 57F at 52 ft. Sorry, I don't recall what the temp was above the thermo other than to say it was comfortable compared to the other two reported temperatures.

Weather for today was beautiful! It was perfect. Great day of diving. Now if I could just get my air tanks refilled.

In other news, while I was diving, my storm chase partners reported a spectacular day of tor chasing in north central OK.

I should be out there tomm. so I will verify your data..... :dork2:

what time do you plan to arrive at CSSP?

what time do you plan to arrive at CSSP?

Tom.........

I was out there today/Sat.,,,,wrote that post yesterday.

It was nice out....did 4 dives.....good vis and warm/cool water.....several shops had groups of students in different classes.

Funny thing...SOMEHOW I got my dive computer switched over to METRIC....don't ask me how--I don't know......but dang if I could switch it back.....so dove the day practicing my Metric system....meters were not bad but that celsius was the pits....hey I know when it was getting chilly!!!!!!! LOL

Last edited:
Ooops.....Guess my calender was on metric yesterday... thanks for the report..I'll check it out on Friday.

Ooops.....Guess my calender was on metric yesterday... thanks for the report..I'll check it out on Friday.

Wish I had known you were wanting to dive....next time!

Glad to hear Alan! 4 dives are always good. Did you spend any time at the silos? Airplane?

Man, I left my house yesterday at 11:00am and I just not returned home (1:00pm today). What a trip! I hate it when I leave the house, with intentions of only being gone for a few hours; only to return the next day. Go figure.

Glad to hear Alan! 4 dives are always good. Did you spend any time at the silos? Airplane?

John.... I did not get to the silos this outing.....just was not near enough to make a strike I guess.....did the plane on 2 of the dives with the boulders.....like you had reported vis was good enough to see the boulder field in mass so was pretty cool hanging out and around them....shot a bag from that location for practice. All in all was a nice day on Sat..

So was the traffic what was bad for you today while out running around???

Don't know anything about traffic. I camped out at two undisclosed locations in the D/FW area. It was a Memorial Sunday party with lots of pool swimming, backyard food, lots of friends and divers from the scuba community. Lots of fun!

Wasn't that boulder field just spectacular with the vis?!? I don't think I have ever seen the boulder field in mass like that before. That was cool!

Don't know anything about traffic. I camped out at two undisclosed locations in the D/FW area. It was a Memorial Sunday party with lots of pool swimming, backyard food, lots of friends and divers from the scuba community. Lots of fun!

Wasn't that boulder field just spectacular with the vis?!? I don't think I have ever seen the boulder field in mass like that before. That was cool!

Hey, glad the holiday outing at those 2 secret locations went well!

Back
Top Bottom