Cssp 5/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm gonna be out there tomorrow around 10:00 or 10:30 if anybody's interested. I bought a housing for my Canon A80 that I have to try out. I wanna practice shooting fish pics before I head south later this summer. I'll check back in later and again in the am before I leave to see if anybody else is coming.

I would love to go but I have had some family issues pop up and I am not going to be able to get wet till next weekend at the earliest. Sorry about this time but next time for sure

Firefyter:
I'm gonna be out there tomorrow around 10:00 or 10:30 if anybody's interested. I bought a housing for my Canon A80 that I have to try out. I wanna practice shooting fish pics before I head south later this summer. I'll check back in later and again in the am before I leave to see if anybody else is coming.

I was out there from 9a to 4p Sunday working with 2 other DMC's on mapping the lake area near the plane.....7 dives! I did them all with my new 19cf pony slung r/s for practice.

texdiveguy:
I was out there from 9a to 4p Sunday working with 2 other DMC's on mapping the lake area near the plane.....7 dives! I did them all with my new 19cf pony slung r/s for practice.

I got there about 10:30, and didn't see a soul that I knew. I geared up and hit the water by 11:00 alone. I hung around the wooden docks south of the plane taking pictures of the fish for about 25 minutes, then got bored there and surfaced to see if anyone else had showed up. No one had, so I swam down to the plane and dropped down on top of it. There is one bass that has laid her eggs on top of the plane at the west end, and she is VERY protective. I hovered right over the plane taking pictures of her for several minutes, then continued on my way back to the platforms and the docks. Once I got back in that area, I hung around under water taking pics and scavenging around looking for lost items. I didn't find anything, but I was getting used to using the camera underwater. I still have a lot to learn, but that's why I went. My second dive was 65 minutes with a max depth of 30 feet and an average depth of 19 feet. It was so peaceful and quiet that I really hated to leave, but you can only get so much air out of one tank...LOL. I finally left around 3:30 or so. I saw some of your friends down there hanging out on the pontoon entry, but nobody I recognized.

Firefyter:
I got there about 10:30, and didn't see a soul that I knew. I geared up and hit the water by 11:00 alone. I hung around the wooden docks south of the plane taking pictures of the fish for about 25 minutes, then got bored there and surfaced to see if anyone else had showed up. No one had, so I swam down to the plane and dropped down on top of it. There is one bass that has laid her eggs on top of the plane at the west end, and she is VERY protective. I hovered right over the plane taking pictures of her for several minutes, then continued on my way back to the platforms and the docks. Once I got back in that area, I hung around under water taking pics and scavenging around looking for lost items. I didn't find anything, but I was getting used to using the camera underwater. I still have a lot to learn, but that's why I went. My second dive was 65 minutes with a max depth of 30 feet and an average depth of 19 feet. It was so peaceful and quiet that I really hated to leave, but you can only get so much air out of one tank...LOL. I finally left around 3:30 or so. I saw some of your friends down there hanging out on the pontoon entry, but nobody I recognized.

Dang i did not see you,,,wish I had at least you could have dove with us. These was a fellow and gal out there that had one of the new AquaLung double hose retro reg. set-ups,,,,,he was just getting in the water to try it out,,,,then saw a guy with a full face mask. Lots of baby fish over near the shallow area by the Rescue landing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom