Crystal River (Manatees)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed that you are from St. Louis. Ever dive Bonterre Mine? I lived in St. Louis 10 years ago and did my OW at BMine. Was interesting... but too pricey for any follow up diving, and a might chilly.

-BnB

I saw on Bird's website:

Snorkel $29.50

...but didn't see $ for diving. $30 bucks seems the going rate for the manatee swim. Do you know what their dive @ King's costs?

-BnB

Big-n-Buoyant:
I noticed that you are from St. Louis. Ever dive Bonterre Mine? I lived in St. Louis 10 years ago and did my OW at BMine. Was interesting... but too pricey for any follow up diving, and a might chilly.

-BnB

Yes, have dived Bonne Terre many times. Would do so many many more times were it not so pricey. Some of my dive buddies don't yet own dry suits, so the mine (at 60 F) is the best they can do with me in the winter when all the other local waters are 35-42 F. Luckily, more and more of my buddies have taken the plunge and got the dry suit so we can dive the local lakes and quarries year-round. BTW, BT Mine is beautiful and has great viz, so I would probably go once every few years on a lark anyway.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom