crushed neoprene pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhwelder92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i have been looking for a thread about putting a pee valve in a crushed neoprene suit but cant find anything, by the way i have a black ice suit, is there anything special that i would need to do, thanks

I don't believe there would be anything special to do. Crushed neoprene is an easy material to work with.

Make a nice clean whole in your suit, make sure the valve fits properly. After you know it fits, you need to get some Aquaseal and seal up the edge of the whole. With crushed neoprene suits you wont get a leak through the inner layer, but when you put a whole in it is will come through the neoprene and then inside. So take a little Aquaseal and put it all the way around the whole you just cut (making a seal between the outer and inner layers so you don't get any leak through the matierial. Then install the valve.

I have a Halcyon P-valve on my Everdry, never had any leaks.

I punched a hole with a smaller diameter than the P-valve, the hole will stretch over the P-valve, sand all sides(including the neoprene), apply aquaseal and you should be good to go.

One extra step you can add (I didn't do it) is to assemble everything WITHOUT the aquaseal and leave it overnight, that will crush the neoprene between the 2 sides of the P-valve, then unscrew, apply aquaseal and put it back together.

Also remember, the neoprene will suck a lot of the aquaseal, I believe I did 3 coats

Keep in mind that the merino lining on the Black Ice may make this sort of tricky. From what I recall when looking at installing one in my new Black Ice, others were saying it was important to remove the wool from around the hole before aquasealing the neoprene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom