Cruising - What gear to take?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonesbf

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going on a seven day cruise in late march. My options for dives sites will be Cozumel or Belize. Considering the limited cabin space and extended time gear might have to sit in a wet drybag what gear should I be taking with me and what should I be renting? I'm sure I can rinse whatever in the shower, but getting it dry will probably not be possible before we're back home. So far I'm sure my reg, computer, skin and mask are going.

Thanks

The Lovely Young Kat & I did the cruise/dive thing to Cozumel last year. We had no trouble drying our gear in the time between leaving Cozumel and arriving back in Mobile. We just hung it all over the bathroom & stateroom after rinsing it all and letting the free water drain in the shower:)
As for gear, we took BC, reg & 3 mil (it was December) in addition to mask/fins etc.
Rick

Last year in a W. Caribbean cruise, I took my 3mil, but we were fortunate to have been upgraded to a balcony cabin. Everything dried by next day when I went out diving again.

The year before we went cruising in Hawaii (did not have balcony room), but I also didn't have a lot of gears then, and hung everything all over the room. They did not always dry but it was ok.

I did not have BC or reg last year (bought some now, for this year's trip). In Cozumel we went with Blue Angel and they provided good rental gears. In Belize, we went to San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, with Aqua Dive. They had lousy gear. That was the main reason I decided to take the plunge and spent the money to buy my own gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom