Cruisin to Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Advice needed please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As to the Cozumel diving, have you checked the Scubaboard Cozumel forum? It's pretty active. We mostly dive with Blue Angel. I don't know how they might deal with setting up a private family dive, but you could ask. I do know they usually have a boat that goes out at 10 or 11 am or so that sort of caters to the cruise schedules. Blue Angel is fairly close to the International Pier, as are Papa Hogs and Opals Dream, all popular shops. (We've been diving with what is now Opal's Dream but not Papa Hogs. OD has a rep for being very friendly and accommodating.) In picking dive shops, close is nice, because taxis aren't cheap. If you're tied up at the International Pier there, Dive With Martin might be the closest shop. We used to dive with them when we used a hotel that was closer to them and liked them a lot. Also, their prices tend to be very good. As they've been near that pier for decades, I'm guessing they're good at accommodating cruise passengers as well. (The deal is, most land-based divers go out on boats that leave either at about 8 am or 1 pm--often not returning until about 5 pm assuming two-tank trips.)

If you're tied up at Punta Lagosta, you'll be closer to town. Iberostar might be a long trek. But if you're also looking for decent beaches, you have to go about that far anyhow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom