Cruise that is great for good snorkelling stops and one that is kid friendly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Whats the best Cruise from the U.S. east coast [or gulf of mexico] that is great for snorkelling stops and Cruise that is kid friendly (overall)? I have a 7 y.o.

I am also PADI open water certified ( I have 30 OW dives in Bonaire and hawaii) so might scuba too if it is a boat dive and easy(if its worth ).

Please suggest . This is for a cruise this year.

Kris

I ahve snorkelled in Belize, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman and St Thomas with kids. They were 8 and 11 at the time. I would suggest Grand Cayman and Sting Ray City, and any where in West Carribbean. I dont know the cruise line but have been lucky with all the shore excursions we have booked on board

If you stop by Aruba, you have to snorkel with these guys! arubabobsnorkeling.com Everyone get a motorized water scooter and its the BEST snorkeling I have ever done.

A few years back the Carnival Legend had an itinerary doing Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. We were avid snorkelers before it and really enjoyed snorkeling at all of the stops. I believe it left from Tampa. I think that was an excellent snorkeling cruise and all of those stops seemed family friendly to me as long as you booked tours (doesn't have to be with the cruise line). You could get away with not doing tours everywhere but Belize, but I think its worth getting someone to take you out to the better sites everywhere except maybe Roatan where you could just hire a driver to take you to half moon and rent snorkeling gear and shore snorkel. Carnival is also a very family friendly line in my experience. Good luck!

All the ports mentioned above by Diverjen are good for diving or snorkeling, and if you cruise during the summer months, all the cruise lines are kid friendly. Although more expensive (if you don't consider free sodas/juice, fantastic shows, at sea fireworks, the best kid clubs, and the whole Disney environment with Disney characters), Disney Cruise Line is a great cruise for families. It is an experience your 7 y/o will not soon forget. We have taken our grandchildren on snorkeling and diving cruises with Carnival and Disney to the Western Caribbean, and while Carnival was very good, the kids always talk about the Disney cruises as being the most fun and memorable. BTW, I have no affiliation with any cruise line, so these comment just reflect our experience.

Back
Top Bottom